Skip to main content

Overwhelmed

Gosh! I am so overwhelmed...with emotion - gratitude, thankfulness, awe, amazement, more gratitude - yea, it seems I get to be very sensitive during the summer. (my personal theory for that is the fact that the sun is usually out and therefore melts away any traces of insensitivity from the winter before. Total twum, I know.lol).

Back to the fact. I am overwhelmed. With thankfulness and gratitude, and awe...and no, I am not repeating myself, because the immensity of these emotions deserves their re-recognition. When I sit back, and think about it all, you could pretty much say I am living my dreams in this very instance. A good....8 or so years ago... I hoped to finish high school, get into university, improve my French, get a head start on making a difference, have some idea of what I want to do in life, etc.

I won't say I'm all set with all of that, but I'm definitely on the way. Okay, so some interesting piece of info. You would think that someone like me who goes yaddy yadda about Ghana all day long would actually own a Ghana flag....well, that prior malfunction has officially been rectified. I got my very own Ghana flag today! Lol. Yea, I know, wen I think back...how could I NOT have owned a Ghana flag. C'est incroyable ca!

Another thing...in less than 3 days , I should be at the Young Women's Leadership and Knowledge Institute at Goree Island in Senegal. I am soooooo excited for that. I've already met some amazing young ladies who are also attending the institute and i'm looking forward to meeting more. And the program lineup....priceless! I'm basically getting an in depth sneak peak into what I hope to do in a Master's Program (and yes, it will be Columbia. Let's wait and see. lol), and I get invaluable tools for life!!!! What more could a girl want?

Although, the fact that I leave in approximately 3 days doesn't seem to push me to pack...I don't get what the prob is with me and packing...its like oil and water..we just don't mesh together. But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, we put our differences aside, and we work together. Until the next time I have to pack...then the feud commences all over again.

Alors....I will do my absolute best to keep a detailed blog on happenings in Senegal and at YOWLI. And inshallah the program should be every bit of a blessing as I think it will be. Until then...keep your Ghana flags and respective African flags flying high...cos a change is gonna come. Like Alicia said while accepting the BET award for Best Female R&B Artist... "I want to dedicate this award to the end of the word CAN'T. That word is dead. We don't know that word. The only word that exists is CAN. Together we can do anything!". Meaning I CAN actually pack huh....on va voir.lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World Water Day: Water - Ghana's "Forgotten Oil"

NB: This post is part of a GhanaBlogging event to commemorate World Water Day (March 22)  -- The word floating around in Ghanaian circles these days is oil. Since 'the great find' the hopes of numerous Ghanaians have been buoyed and politicians are having quite the field day using the 'expected oil revenues' as bargaining chips for one thing or the other. I don't share in that optimism, hence my delay in writing about Ghana's "oil miracle". Instead, I'm focused on another precious resource, one that has unfortunately become more of a commodity than a right. Water. Science tells us that water and oil don't mesh together. They just don't. But if what the analysts are saying is correct, the two might have more in common than we think. At the rate things are going, water is becoming increasingly scarce. So much to the point where it's expected that water could be the next oil : a precious element in the hands of few. Unless Ghana realign...

Lifestylz GH Interview: Sangu Delle

As part of Lifestylz GH’s interview series, we bring you our premier interview with Sangu Delle. Profile: Sangu Delle Sangu Delle is a senior at Harvard University. He was born and raised in Ghana, and is the youngest of five children in a bi-religious family (his father is Catholic while his mum is Muslim). He attended Christ the King Catholic School (CTK) and went on to study at the Ghana International School (GIS) until his O-Levels when he transferred to the Peddie School (a college preparatory school in NJ) on scholarship. His areas of concentration in academics are Economics and African studies, with a particular focus on development. Aspirations To be involved in the development of Ghana and Africa at large in some capacity. In the past, he was more involved in non-profit and development work, but has increasingly become active in entrepreneurial and business ventures; a testament to his belief that there should be “less foundations and more entrepreneurs” in Africa. In his own ...

Ghana's Komla Dumor - Insights on Courage & Embarking on the Narrow Path [Tribute]

Source: Komla Dumor's Facebook Page "There's so much more to tell about Africa than the usual stories about war, famine and disease." Komla Dumor. Son, husband, father, Ghana's "Boss Player", Africa's storyteller, BBC World News broadcaster, inspiration - courage personified. If anyone had told me that Komla Dumor's Black Star would burst out into eternity on January 18, 2014, I would have called them a liar and then some. His 41 years of life might seem "short" to many of us, but from all indications, this amazing soul found it more than enough for doing what he set out to do: to be a journalist of the highest order and to contribute towards telling Africa's stories. His awards, accolades and  accomplishments  are well recorded - perhaps more so after his untimely demise yesterday from a cardiac arrest in London - and numerous people are sharing their condolences and tributes on social media with variations of the hash...